Get in the Ring: The American Startup Clash
The Kauffman Foundation in November is bringing the international competition Get in the Ring to the United States for the first time as part of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2013.
The first U.S. national finals of "Get in the Ring: The American Startup Clash" will give America's most outstanding entrepreneurs an opportunity to compete against founders from around the country, and potentially, the world.
Get in the Ring is a startup pitch competition founded by the Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship in the Netherlands to bring the world's most promising entrepreneurs together with those who can help them succeed and to inspire others to start their entrepreneurial journeys. The U.S. champion selected in Kansas City on Nov. 18 will fly to Rotterdam to compete at the global finals on Nov. 22 for a chance at more than $1 million in angel funding.
The U.S. event is made possible with generous support from U.S. national sponsor Sprint.
Criteria to Apply
U.S. entrepreneurs who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for the competition at www.GetInTheRing2013.istart.org:
- the startup is not more than 5 years old;
- the founder is a U.S. citizen and proficient in the English language;
- the startup is a scalable and innovative business idea or model;
- the entrepreneur has a valid passport and is able and willing to travel to Rotterdam, Netherlands, for the international finals being held Nov. 22; and
- the entrepreneur is seeking funding of up to $1 million that is available if he or she wins the USA competition and his/her startup is determined to be worthy of funding by the investor judges at the Rotterdam finals
The Kauffman Foundation also is partnering with selected entrepreneurship support and resource organizations across the United States to identify and nominate outstanding startups. The list of partner organizations is included in the righthand column and will be updated on an ongoing basis.
The deadline to apply at www.GetInTheRing2013.istart.org is Sept. 3, 2013.
Plans are taking shape for the bigger-than-ever global finals of Get in the Ring on Nov. 22, 2013. Read the latest news.
- When: Nov. 18 8:00 pm ET
- Start: 18 November 2013